TB Code: 2007008
Availability: 58 in stock
Meet the strangest people who ever lived!
Read all about:
· the notorious love affairs of midgets
· the strange sex lives of Siamese twins
· the dwarf clown's wife whose feet grew directly from her body
· the mule-faced woman whose son became her manager
· the unusual amours of Jolly Daisy, the fat woman
· the famous pinhead who inspired Verdi's Rigoletto
· the tragedy of Betty Lou Williams and her parasitic twin
· the midget, only 34 inches tall, who was happily married to a 264-pound wife
· the human torso who could sew, crochet, and type
· and bizarre accounts of normal humans turned into freaks-either voluntarily or by evil design!
Originally printed in a small edition and withdrawn by the publisher after one month, this book (out of print for nearly 20 years), is brought back to eye-popping life with many new photos. Daniel P. Mannix, now enjoying a cult revival, is the author of noir classics such as Those About to Die, The History of Torture, The Hell-fire Club, Memoirs of a Sword Swallower, The Beast (the first biography of Aleister Crowley to enjoy wide readership), and many others. A former sword-swallower, fire-eater, fakir and world traveler, Mr. Mannix still lives on the family farm with his falcon, miniature horses and reptile collection.